On Thursday May 7th, we launched our manifesto for the 2016 local elections. You can read it in full here.
In this manifesto, we set out our vision for Oxford and our ideas on how to make it a fairer place to live. Our manifesto is positive, deliverable, and draws upon the excellent ideas brought forward by you, the local Labour party members, our outstanding councillors and those in the communities they are proud to serve.
Over the next four years, we will:
- Promote the Oxford Living Wage as the minimum rate of pay for all city workers and ensure that it is paid to our own staff, contractors and suppliers
- Resist the privatisation of council services and instead seek to sell Oxford’s services to other private and public sector organisations.
- Support new housing, with a local housing company and a robust campaign for high-quality urban extensions
- Work to make Oxford a great city for cyclists by integrating cycling infrastructure into new developments and improving the quality of cycle lanes and parking
- Support grassroots sport, with backing for local clubs, improvements to pavilions, an outstanding new facility at Horspath Road, and affordable access to our leisure centres
- Reduce Oxford’s carbon footprint, extend access to recycling, and clamp down on environmental crimes.