The Greens and Lib Dems have sewn up a deal for residents behind closed doors.
The last time the Lib Dems formed an alliance on Oxfordshire County Council, they joined with the Tories, just like they did in the disastrous coalition government.
As the Labour candidate Damian stands on a clear agenda of fighting the impact of Tory cuts and speaking up for the community. He will continue Helen’s fantastic work as part of a Labour Group who have:
- Blocked Tory plans to close all the Children’s Centre’s and instead secured the funds that will support projects including Flo’s and Donnington Doorstep.
- Brought an additional £500,000 into homeless services
- Halted the closure of elderly day centres and forced a re-think
- Delivered the much needed CPZ for Iffley Fields
- Led the successful campaign to save the post office
- Secured an increase in community policing in response to residents’ concerns
Damian, as a parent and governor, led on the campaign to reject damaging proposals to cut transport for children with Special Educational Needs. Fighting alongside his Labour colleagues at County Hall, the campaign was a success.
Labour is proud of its local record and its continued commitment to social justice in the face of Tory austerity. We look forward to residents in Iffley Fields and St Mary’s having the chance to choose between a desperate dodgy deal, or a passionate campaigner who will ensure that their voice is heard and represented day in and day out on the issues that count.
** ENDS **
Contact: Damian Haywood